Human and Environmental Development Agenda (HEDA Resources Centre) is a non-governmental and non-partisan human rights and development league. It has mandates to defend and promote universally recognized human rights and environmental justice in Nigeria and Africa, in accordance with international standards. These objectives are pursued through research and publications, campaigns, human rights education, and empowerment projects and programs.
At HEDA, we recognize that there can be no sustainable economic development outside the democratic context and in an environment that is constantly pervaded with corruption and bribery. Thus the organisation also focuses on programs to sustain democracy, based on the accountability and participatory governance in the country.
Environmental Justice and Sustainable Development
This focus area covers environment protection, environment education, green businesses, food and nutritional security, right to food, eradicating hunger, promoting women and youth involvement in food production, processing and distribution of food, agriculture value chain and job creation.
- To promote food and nutritional security especially for poor and vulnerable people.
- To strengthen productivity, income and resilience of small scale agric enterprise in Nigeria.
- To promote inclusion and participation of women, youth and persons with disabilities in the agric sector.
- To promote good and sustainable environment practices
Our Core Values
- The organisation will not discriminate against any person or group of persons on the basis of gender, ethnicity, disability or religion.
- The organisation shall maintain a zero tolerance for all acts perpetrating or encouraging all forms of abuse, violence and discrimination against women, children and other vulnerable groups in society.
- The organisation will not discriminate against any person or group of persons on the basis of disability, HIV status and any other non-communicable conditions so long as such individual(s) is/are medically and mentally able to discharge their tasks and roles diligently
- The organisation will pursue a principle of equal opportunities and inclusion in its operations
- The organisation shall uphold best practices in environmental protection, biodiversity conservation in all its programmes and procurement.
- The organisation will ensure and promote integrity, accountability, transparency and best ethical standards in pursuit of it goals and objectives.
An Africa where all persons regardless of locations and situation have the freedom and ability to enjoy the benefit of good governance, and respect for human dignity in a sustainable environment
To serve as a policy and campaign centre for research, training and advocacy on the environment, good governance and human rights.